Kids tumbled, painted, kicked soccer balls and climbed inside a fire engine on Saturday during the second annual Fall Family Fun Fest at Centennial Park.
Paso Robles Recreation Services hosted the event from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the heart of Centennial Park’s quad area. More than 750 people attended the event.
“It was wonderful to see so many families enjoying Centennial Park on the first day of fall,” said Heather Stephenson, City of Paso Robles Marketing and Recreation Coordinator. “Watching families participate in the free activities provided by our recreation instructors and community partners was so rewarding. That’s what the Fall Family Fun Fest is all about. Bringing the community together to celebrate the season in one of our city parks.”
Nearly 20 interactive, kid-related activities were set up all with the goal of informing parents and guardians about what is available through Recreation Services and its many community partners, including:
• Fall crafts and activities with recreation instructors
• Photos with Princess Rapunzel from A Dream Party
• A 32-foot inflatable obstacle course adventure
• Seasonal treats including pumpkin slushies, hot dogs and cotton candy
• Spin to win with free give-aways from Wendy’s restaurant and Recreation Services
• Your name transformed into a cartoon drawing by artist Ray Mullikin
• Kick a goal and win a prize with the Kidz Love Soccer coaches
• Ask animal behavior expert Kathy Kropp your dog training questions and meet some of her four legged students
• Live music with 8-year-old ukulele sensation Joselyn Sky
• Face painting by Freckles the Clown and much more!
A discount was also available to people who registered for fall class offerings during the Fun Fest and 208 people took advantage of the opportunity.
Six community partners were in attendance including Paso Robles firefighters, the Police Department and the Paso Robles Children’s Museum.
The Fall Family Fun Fest is made possible by the support of community sponsors including the Paso Robles REC Foundation, Face Painting by Freckles and the City of Paso Robles.
Fall classes for youth and adults may be found in the City’s Recreation Guide available throughout Paso Robles at many local businesses, City Hall, the Paso Robles City Library, Centennial Park or online at prcity.com/recreation. Centennial Park is located at 600 Nickerson Dr. in Paso Robles.