We’ve talked a lot lately about how the COVID-19 battle has affected us. Many of you have asked how you can help. Here are a few ways:

First, our healthcare community may need your help if the infection rate continues to accelerate. If it becomes necessary to open an alternate care center on the Cal Poly campus we will need physicians and physician assistants, nurses and nurse practitioners, respiratory therapists, paramedics, EMTs, licensed therapists, social works, certified addiction providers, psychiatrists,psychiatric nurse practitioners, dentists, pharmacists, veterinarians and physical therapists. Non-medical personnel such as sign language interpreters, food service worker, administrators and those with any technical skills will also be needed. For step-by-step instructions on how to volunteer current and retired medical personnel should visit readyslo.org. Non-medical workers ccan email eoc-volunteers@co.slo.ca.us.

Volunteers are also needed for senior support services including transportation and the Caring Callers program. If you want to help please contact Wilshire Health & Community Services provides call 805-547-7025 ext 2214.

For other ideas on how to help check with California Volunteers

There are more ways to help and I will share them with you as I receive the information. In the meantime, stay informed, stay involved and stay strong Paso Robles.