Latest Kristin Smart case info and statement from Kristin Smart family
Congratulations to Chris Lambert for his outstanding podcast, Your Own Backyard! His seventh episode is now live and it is a must listen. Thanks to Chris and all the supporters who have made such an amazing difference. Your Own Backyard has been instrumental in renewing interest in Kristin’s investigation and generating many new leads. We now know that the San Luis Obispo County Sheriff’s Office has issued 18 search warrants of 9 locations, conducted 91 new interviews, filed 364 supplemental reports and obtained 140 new items of evidence. Later today, the Sheriff’s Department will confirm that now they have two vehicles in their possession. Keep the faith and know that you are all making a difference.Family of Kristin Smart
Smart Investigation Case Update: Jan. 29, 2020
DATE AND TIME OF INCIDENT: 1-29-20
DETAILS OF NEWS RELEASE: In response to the large number of recent public inquiries, the Sheriff’s Office is releasing the following information in the Kristin Smart investigation. The Sheriff’s Detective Division has a team of investigators and forensic specialists who are actively working on the Kristin Smart case.
Since 2011 this work has included:
- The service of 18 search warrants
- Conducting physical evidence searches at nine separate locations
- A complete re-examination of every item of physical evidence seized by all agencies involved in this case
- Submission of 37 evidence items from the early days of the case for modern DNA testing
- Recovery of 140 new items of evidence • Conducting 91 person to person interviews
- The writing of 364 supplemental reports Altogether the Sheriff’s Office has spent approximately $62,000 in investigative expenses including, but not limited to, DNA forensic testing.
- Additionally, the Sheriff’s Office has invested more than 7,500 employee hours since 2011 when Sheriff Parkinson took office.
- Although it is generally not our practice to comment on items of evidence in active investigations, in this specific case we can confirm that the Sheriff’s Office currently holds two trucks in evidence that belonged to Flores family members in 1996. The Sheriff’s Office will not be commenting any further and no additional information will be released at this time.