The 10th annual event will take off on Saturday, May 12
On Saturday, May 12, Estrella Warbirds Museum will be celebrating the 10th anniversary of the original Warbirds Wings & Wheels event, including the Mega Swap Meet, and featuring Dennis Gage, host of the nationally syndicated television show, “My Classic Car” returning as special guest host for WWW 10.
Participants, visitors from all over California, and world-renowned race car drivers, automotive designers, builders and enthusiasts have attended over the years supporting the event.
Car show participants can sign up for $40 entry fee that includes: 2 all access wrist bands, T-shirt, goodie bag, dash plaque, photo of your car with a Warbird plane and event poster. Participants can win up top $600 in a special drawing.
For information contact Carol Verstuyft at (805) 674-3939 or online at www.ewarbirds.org. New this year will be a vintage tractor display as well.
The Mega Swap Meet will feature new and used street rod parts; vintage auto, race car, vintage motorcycle and vintage tractor parts, hit and miss engines, petroliana collectables, automotive art plus much more. Swap Meet registration information contact Wayne Bloechl at (805) 460-9181 or online at www.ewarbirds.org.
There will be plenty of FREE parking for visitors adjacent to the grounds at 4251 Dry Creek Road in Paso Robles. WWW10 will be held from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. A $5 donation to the museum includes entry to the car show, Mega Swap Meet and all museum buildings will open at 10 a.m.
• Food Court includes vendors, the Firestone Walker Beer Garden and great prize drawings.
• NEW – Cacklefest Experience Historic Front Engine Top Fuel Dragsters vs NASCAR Racers lined up with their engines running, set for 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
• NEW – State of the Art Flight Simulator with huge screen and the ability to virtually fly any aircraft!
• NEW – Corn Hole Tournament – open to all ages. Adult league (12 & over) cost is $50 per team (2 per team – $70 day of event). Youth League (Under 12) cost is $20 per team (2 per team – $40 day of event). Cash prizes up to $1000 will be awarded based on a 60 team sellout. $50 Cash prize for Best Team Costume. Cash prizes for Adult League, trophies for Youth League. Preregistration is recommended.
• Plus for the kids! Bounce houses, face painting and many other activities in the Kid Zone.
Friday Night Party
The Friday night dinner and barn dance in the main hangar features Monte Mills & the Lucky Horseshoe Band, reservations are required.