Shelter not currently accepting new clients
Community Action Partnership of San Luis Obispo County (CAPSLO) takes the health and well-being of our client families, our staff, and our community with the utmost seriousness. An essential service provided by CAPSLO includes the programs and emergency shelter provided at the 40 Prado Homeless Services Center.
As of today, the Center located at–40 Prado Road, San Luis Obispo, CA: 805-544-4004, x-100, is open and working with onsite partner, Community Health Centers, to keep volunteers, clients and staff safe. Due to the ever-changing situation please call 40 Prado to get the latest information on restricted access.
We are currently only allowing in-county residents in the shelter that have used our services in the past or are current participants. We are currently not accepting new clients.
In order to allow for health screening before entering the site, all people staying the night must arrive by 3 p.m. All other programs provided at 40 Prado are currently operating; this includes Recuperative Care, SLO-HUB for co-occurring mental health and substance abuse issues, case management, laundry, showers, three meals a day, safe parking, etc.
- Sleeping bags
- Plastic/rubber ponchos
- Large 30 gallon garbage bags
- Ear plugs
- Breakfast Foods
- Simple Green cleaning solution
- Monetary donations which can be made by visiting: www.capslo.org/donation-homeless (monetary donations allow us the flexibility to purchase what is needed or to pay for unexpected operational expenses)
- Volunteers to serve meals
- Organizations to volunteer to bring meals, especially dinner
40 Prado urgently needs volunteers. People interested can apply online at www.capslo.org/volunteer.