Want shopping for the holidays to be less drudgery and more joyful?
Five reasons to shut off your computer and Come Shop Downtown!
1. Anna Actually, two Annas (Anna our dear first employee and mama hen, and Anna 2 whose nickname is NOT Dodger, since the World Series). And there’s Mairin, and Ainsley, and Rachel, Ashlynn and Veda, and April holding down the numbers. And then Pam, whom we lovingly call Mrs. Claus (She’s been playing Christmas music in secret since July). These are our peeps, the ones who will personally wait on you at General Store. We are not a call center (though we do answer the phone). We might sell a book for a dollar or two more than Amazon. But we are your neighbors and your daughter’s best friend and your local business owners, and we love what we do.
2. Parking Did you know that the City of Paso Robles and local businesses have dedicated more than 150 parking spots away from the most prime locations to encourage employees to leave the best spots for you, our customers? The Employee Parking Permit Program was intentionally launched at the beginning of the holiday season to make it easier for you to find a spot within a block or two of the park. Go City!
3. The Way the Mexican Chocolate Soap Smells One of the best things about shopping in person is the chance to interact with the goods you’re considering. Flip through the pages of that cookbook about sourdough bread. Hold that linen towel in your hand. Close your eyes and take in the gorgeous, sweet aroma of our locally-made Mexican Chocolate, Black Currant or Cranberry Orange soaps. Feel better?
4. Paso-Only Goodies Brand new Paso Robles ornaments. Paso Robles hats, seasonings and flour sack towels. With chickens on them.
5. Meet the Makers December 1 you can taste YES cocktail mixers with Lauren, or December 8 you can try on as many BE BLESSED
FLANNELS as you can pile on those sweet shoulders of yours because she’ll be here for a trunk show! Whoo hoo!
Plus, giveaways all month long (follow us on Instagram or Facebook to be in the know). Open daily from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. We promise we’ll be worth putting on pants and shoes and shopping out in the real world. Did we mention Kenny Loggins ”Celebrate Me Home?”
You will sing along. Rules are rules.
Wishing you joy! The General Store Team