TEMPLETON — On May 7, Templeton Fire Chief Bill White presented Josh Englant, a local student, with a Good Citizen Award for his effort in reporting a possible fire.
Englant noticed smoke at a neighbor’s home and immediately reported it to his Mom. 911 was called and fire crews were dispatched. Crews discovered smoke alarms ringing at the home. After further investigation, it was determined that food had been left unattended on the stove and it was causing a great deal of smoke.
Fortunately, this was only a minor incident but it could have become a serious incident. Chief White expressed his appreciation of Englant’s quick thinking and action.