Electrical fire displaces 29 people in Paso Robles apartment complex

One Paso Robles apartment was completely lost in the March 19 fire. (Contributed photos)

PASO ROBLES — One apartment caught on fire but due to the electrical system being damaged a total of eight apartment units were deemed uninhabitable and 29 residents were displaced on Tuesday afternoon.
On March 19, at approximately 12:45 p.m. the Paso Robles Department of Emergency Services responded to a report of an apartment fire in the 1200 block of Alamo Creek Road in Paso Robles.
First arriving firefighters found fire and smoke coming from a second story 8-unit apartment building. Firefighters were able to contain the fire to one unit and prevent it from spreading to the nearby seven apartments. The apartment that caught on fire sustained major damage and property loss. Damage to the building’s electrical system caused the other additional units to be uninhabitable until repairs can be made. A total of 29 residents were displaced in the complex and are working with the Red Cross to find temporary housing.
Two fire engines a ladder truck and two battalion chiefs from Paso Robles responded, one fire engine and one battalion chief from Cal Fire/San Luis Obispo County, one fire engine from Templeton Fire, and one fire engine from Atascadero Fire all responded to assist. A total of 15 firefighters and three chief officers responded to the incident with additional assistance from the Paso Robles Police Department, Paso Robles Building Department and San Luis Ambulance Service.
The cause of the fire was determined to be an electrical malfunction, PRDES reported.


More In News